Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructors
Our instructors are world class martial artists. Once you join, you become part of the team and our instructors’ skill, enthusiasm and energy become your own.
Head Instructor, Alexandre “Soca” Freitas
- Master Black Belt 4 Degree Under Carlos Gracie Jr.
- BJJ training- 25 years
- Black Belt Since : 1994
- Professor Time – 19 Years
- Professor Time in USA – 8 Years
- Black Belts Under Master Alexandre Soca – 24 black belts
- American Black Belts Under Master Alexandre Soca – 12 Black Belts
- Abu Dhabi World Submission Grappling Champion (Elected The most Technical Fighter of the Competition)
- 5x Brazilian National Champion
- 5x Rio de Janeiro State Champion
- 2x BJJ Pan-American Champion
- No Gi BJJ Pan-American Champion
- Elected The most Technical Competitor of the State of Rio de Janeiro(Brazil)
- 2x Abu Dhabi World Submission Grappling Vice Champion
- 2x Abu Dhabi World Submission Grappling 4th Place
- BJJ Challenge – Brazil vs Japan G1-02 Professional League Champion. Defeated the Japanese Idol – Yuki Nakai (Tokio/Japan)
- World BJJ Vice Champion
- World No Gi BJJ Vice Champion
- World No Gi BJJ Open Weight Division Vice Champion
- Rio International Vice Champion
- Rio International Third Place
- 2x World BJJ Third Place
Instructor, Cristian Buitron
Cristian Buitron, is an instructor under Master Alexandre “Soca” Freitas. Cristian is an avid competitor who has won gold, silver or bronze medals in some of the biggest IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation) tournaments in the world, such as Pan Americans, Rio Open, NY Open, and Boston Open. Aside from his martial arts experience, Cristian was a 5-time national gymnastics champion and captain of the national gymnastics team in his native country, Ecuador.
Academically, Cristian holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Neuro-Psychology with honors from Stony Brook University and post graduate studies in Neuroscience. He has been published as a co-author in a number of Neuroscience Journals’ articles.
Lastly, Cristian is also a professional freelance art and sports photographer. His sports images have been published in Gracie Mag, the largest published Brazilian Jiu Jitsu magazine in the world.